Scope of Work
Please note that project tasks, costs and schedules may fluctuate due to cost of materials and labor, conditions at the site, unforeseen and/or revised scope, and other factors. Project budget: $9.2 million
Fall 2022 - Spring 2023
Adding to education on sustainable technologies, a solar photovoltaic array canopy building will be constructed, starting in fall 2022 (the project has been delayed from its original summer schedule due to the extended permit process); expected final completion is now mid-April 2023. A significant portion of the approximately $2.0 million budget for this project is expected to be offset by funding from the state's Green Energy Technology program.
This project will comprise an 18-foot long, 5,500 sq. ft. building-integrated photovoltaic canopy. With a redesign, the canopy will now hold 220 panels (originally 176), next to the sustainable agriculture and design building on the north side of the Liberty campus. The structure will have a 3,600 sq. ft. open gravel yard under the canopy where students can fabricate educational projects.
In addition, the canopy will cover a 900 sq. ft. unconditioned PV equipment room that will house the mechanical and electrical components running the PV canopy, allowing students to directly learn about sustainable systems and solar power generation as they manage, maintain, and analyze data from the array as part of their studies. The approximately 64kW of power generated will be fed into the electric utility system.
Liberty's softball dugouts will be restored with new siding, roofing, benches and paint. Work is expected to take place in early February, in time for the start of the softball season.
- Baseball Field Irrigation
Repairs were made in summer 2021 to the irrigation system on the baseball field to mitigate ponding and provide more efficient watering.
- Flexible Furniture
In summer 2020, Liberty received new flexible furniture (FFE) in the classrooms that stimulates engagement and learning.
Roofing over two areas of the Liberty building was restored in summer 2020.
- Entry Security
The front office area was renovated over summer 2019 to improve the line of sight to the front door, enhance entry security, streamline access into the building, and better monitor visitors to the school. After the start of each school day, all doors will be locked and new entrances will direct students, parents, and visitors directly to the front offices where they will need to check in. This is part of the safety and security measures occurring throughout the district. At Liberty, these measures also include:
- Security cameras
- Card key access
- Visual warning inside and outside the building
- CTE Renovations/Addition
For career-technical education (CTE) programs, renovations were made to expand the culinary arts and early childhood education learning environments, as well as to add a new building for the sustainable agriculture/design programs. Culinary arts and early childhood spaces were substantially completed in August 2019; the sustainable agriculture/design building was completed in January 2020:
- Culinary Arts - renovation of food preparation area to include addition of Class A exhaust hoods, finishes per health code, upgraded power and infrastructure improvements.
- Early Childhood - add observation window between high school and preschool classrooms, add fencing to play area, and add observation platform at stormwater swale.
- Sustainable Agriculture/Design - the project is sited north of the school where a new building was constructed that includes shop and tool space, food processing and marketing/sales areas, and a covered outdoor area.
A distributed antenna system (DAS) ensures that first responders can communicate between themselves throughout all areas of the building. This safety-related project incorporates cable and antennae that boost the radio signals on the first responders' operating frequencies. Installation was completed in summer 2018.
Cornerstone Management Group
- Solar array: Becca VandeWalle / Emil Hameed
- Roofing: Rick Cunningham
- Renovations/CTE expansion: Mary Dolan
- Entry security: Mary Dolan
- In-building radio communication/DAS: Todd Johnson
- Solar array:
- DLR Group (architectural design; structural, mechanical, electric engineering)
- 3J Consulting (civil engineering)
- Renovations/CTE expansion:
- BLRB Architects (architectural design)
- Sazan Group (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection)
- DAS: AWS Communications
- Solar array: Ross Builders
- Roofing: Umpqua Roofing
- CTE expansion: Corp Inc.
- DAS: Reece