Class of 2020 Graduation Information:
- If you have not done so already, please contact Jostens to place an order for your cap & gown. The direct link to Josten’s website is https://bit.ly/2LGWvwR. They are working hard to ensure our students have their caps and gowns, but according to their data, we have approximately 102 students who have yet to order. If you have not received your order, please call Josten’s Hillsboro office phone number: (503) 660-8032.
- We are scheduled to film seniors walking across the stage on Wed, June 3 and Thurs, June 4. Each senior must have a cap and gown and a registered time slot and will need to show up at that time to assure we comply with social distancing mandates. The link for our sign up tool is: https://bit.ly/2XdJQXB. It will also be posted on our Seniors-Class of 2020 Google Classroom. Please claim your time as soon as possible! Should you miss your appointment at the stadium, you will need to contact Ms. Kasper to be reassigned to a new time.
- If you are unable to find transportation to the stadium, please contact Ms. Schaffner at firstname.lastname@example.org for arrangements by May 27th.
- For families that are financially impacted by the pandemic, we have a small number of caps and gowns available to borrow on a first come/first serve basis with a refundable deposit upon their return. Contact Laura Wilson (email@example.com) and let her know if you need to borrow a cap and gown by May 27th. We will collect these immediately following students' walk at graduation filming at the Hillsboro Stadium June 3rd and 4th.
- If you already have your cap and gown, we recommend taking it out of the packaging and hanging it up to minimize creases. They can be ironed or steamed (follow recommended directions).
One vehicle per graduate. We need to monitor social distancing requirements and be mindful of the safety of graduates, family members and staff. We understand this puts some families in an awkward situation and we apologize for that, but must insist, for everyone’s safety, that this requirement be adhered to. We will only admit regular passenger vehicles and each person in the vehicle will need to be in a seatbelt per Oregon law. No trailers, campers, buses, limousines, RVs, etc will be allowed at the stadium.
- To reduce the amount of human contact, please have a clearly legible sign with your graduate’s name printed or written visible through one of your windows when you drive up to the stadium.
- Graduates must be wearing their caps and gowns.
- Please remain in the vehicle at all times until it is time for your graduate to walk across the stage. There will be a small area allowed for a quick picture of them onstage only.
- Decorate your car! If you’d like to decorate your car to honor your graduate, it would be a fun way to let people know how proud you are and excited to have a Century Jaguar graduate on board!
All of the items below need to be complete before you will receive your diploma. Please work to make sure that all of these are done. The school will hold your diploma until all of the following are complete.
- The student needs to have earned all of the state required credits for graduation. Our team of teachers, counselors, and administrators are ready to work with you and check in regularly with students. When you finish, you can check with teachers, Ms. Gainey and Ms. Kasper to ensure that you have met all of your graduation requirements.
- If you have an Incomplete in a class, please continue to work with your teacher or Mr. Gower to improve this grade.
- If you have classes to finish in Academic Options, please continue your work on your PLATO courses.
- Please return all Century HS textbooks, library books, chromebooks, hotspots, Sprint 1Million chromebooks and hotspots, or any other Century items. If you are unsure if you have items checked out, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a space to return materials at the drive-thru graduation filming on June 3rd and 4th. The next opportunity for seniors only to return materials to CHS will be on Wednesday, May 27th from noon-8pm.
- Make sure that all fees and fines have been paid. To check a student account balance, go to https://bit.ly/3e1DTDN and log in using the instructions on the website. If you have any issues logging in or have additional questions, please contact Kristy Ray at email@example.com. You should also have received a statement recently.
- Check the Seniors Class of 2020 Google Classroom frequently for new information and updates! https://classroom.google.com/c/NTc5MjA3MTY1MjBa (The join code is f4akmji.)
If all of these tasks are all complete, your diploma should arrive via mail by the end of June or early July. If you do not receive a diploma or are unsure whether you have met all of these requirements, please contact our new registrar at 503-844-1800.
If you need a Final Transcript sent to a college and have not completed the Final Senior Celebrations Survey, please do so by going to: https://bit.ly/2WSkuzD. If you need a copy for employment between now and June 11th, please email Ms. Brokaw at firstname.lastname@example.org. After June 11th, send an email to Mrs. Huebsch at HuebschL@hsd.k12.or.us. Please note that we will have a new registrar starting July 1.
Thank you and congratulations to our Class of 2020!