Tips for Talking to Teachers
- Make an appointment.
- Think through what you want to say and write down your questions or concerns. Have a copy for the teacher.
- Choose words carefully. Avoid negative, blaming language.
- Be prepared to make suggestions and offer solutions.
- Focus on what your child needs, not what you think the teacher is doing wrong.
- Listen and be open to what the teacher says.
- Bring your sense of humor.
- If your meeting isn’t successful, move up a level and try talking to the TAG Coordinator and/or principal.