Jobs To Be Reproduced
What Can Be Reproduced?
To ensure quality products only the following will be accepted as production masters:
- Adobe Acrobat Document
- White Paper Originals with black ink or camera-ready artwork
- Original photographs
- Special information
- Booklets sent for reproduction pages will be cut for scanning purposes. The original will not be rebound.
- 1/2" border of white space must exist around all edges of standard size originals that are either 8.5" x 11" or 8.5" x 14". If your original is smaller than standard size it must be submitted on a standard sized original. Use two-up or four-up clean placements as appropriate.
- Copyright approval forms are required when copying books and other copyrighted materials.
- Jobs of less than 30 pages should be copied at the building site.
- Send pages of books to be reproduced to the Print Shop as masters. Do not send the original book.
How Do I Submit Work?
For best copies, jobs should be submitted electronically in PDF format. Paper jobs require original masters for good copy, and must be accompanied by a completed NCR print requisition form. Each job must be accompanied by a separate form. For best quality color copy jobs, send electronically in PDF format or on a new CD.
- An 11" x 17" color cover for a booklet or program must be set up as an 11" x 17" document with the front cover on the right side of the page and the back cover on the left side. The rest of the booklet must to be in a separate file on 8 ½" x 11" in black and white; the copy machine will convert it to 11" x 17".
- Cost is $0.38 per 8.5" x 11" sheet, and $0.50 per 11" x 17" sheet.
- Classroom size jobs:
Standard "classroom" size jobs are typically processed within 48 hours of being received at the Print Shop. During times of high demand the lead time may be greater. Larger volume or custom jobs must be scheduled in advance by calling the Print Shop at ext. 6178.
- Large quantity jobs, special projects, newsletters, programs:
Large volume or custom jobs require longer lead time to process. These jobs might include packets, booklets, custom materials, handbooks, play programs, or football programs. With the increase volume of printing you will need to contact the Print Shop three weeks before your deadline to schedule your print job. To minimize lead time for all users, large or custom jobs submitted without scheduling will be placed in the queue and printed in the order received.
Sports programs must be received by 2 p.m., four business days prior to the scheduled game.
- Fill out the NCR Print Requisition Form completely and thoroughly. NCR Print Requisition forms can be picked up at the Print Shop and in the main offices in the schools.
- Plan your project in advance and be respectful of the time requirements involved to complete your project. The Print Shop provides services for all of our schools and district offices, thus they stay continually busy. Please be patient and wait until your due date arrives before calling to check on your order.
Things to think about...
- Use your in-house copier machines for small jobs.
- Using an ink color other than black costs an extra $18.00 per job and may require additional time to complete.
- Colored paper costs over twice as much as white paper. (White paper is $2 a ream while color paper costs $4.45 a ream.) It would cost $90 to print 75 copies of a 75-page booklet on white paper. To print the same job on color paper would cost $140.
- Please save the gold copy of the print requisition form and have it ready with your "date needed" when calling to check on an order.