Farmington View Parents for Academic Excellence
Farmington View Parents for Academic Excellence (FVPAE) is an entirely volunteer-based non-profit organization that raises funds for an Accelerated Math Program at Farmington View Elementary School (FVES) in Hillsboro, Oregon. Our organization was founded in 1996 and is recognized as a 501(c)3 organization. Our Tax ID Number is 31-1720292.
To provide all FVES students with the unique opportunity to achieve academic excellence through a differentiated math program.
Our Unique Math Program
FVPAE provides funding for a part-time math specialist to provide differentiated math support for students. Math extensions and support are provided for students in homeroom classrooms and in the math specialist classroom. This benefits all students in grades 1-6 by allowing homeroom teachers to work with smaller groups of students at an appropriate pace. The Accelerated Math Program is in addition to homeroom teachers allocated by the Hillsboro School District (HSD). Each school year FVPAE must raise $55,000+ to fund this program for the following school year in order for it to continue.
More than 25 Years of Success
- Beginning in 1992, the program was originally school board funded.
- Due to ongoing budget reductions, it was to be cut in 1996.
- Ambitious parents formed FVPAE as a non-profit organization and have been raising money to fund the program ever since.
- FVPAE has found a simple formula to build a generation of students excited about math! These children are our future engineers, biologists, doctors, etc.
How It Works
- Mr. Simonson teaches math classes every day
- Qualified 6th graders learn at an accelerated rate
- Math extensions are provided for accelerated learners
- Interventions and support are provided to students as needed
- FVPAE supports each classroom size being smaller, allowing more personalized instruction at the appropriate pace for each student group.
- ALL math classes (K-6) are taught individual grade level math despite homeroom split classes allowing focused math instruction for each and every grade.
Key Benefits for All Students
- Smaller class sizes
- Personalized instruction
- Appropriate pace
- Higher test scores
- Self-confidence and personal growth
- FVES students have the unique benefit of learning math in a smaller classroom environment. This is unprecedented in any public school system.
- A higher percentage of FVES students meet or exceed state standards compared to the HSD and the State of Oregon each year on a consistent basis.
- Statistics show that interest in math historically drops off beginning in 5th grade. Our goal is to build students' confidence in math!
- Students have opportunities to advance in math classes and/or higher math levels when they enter middle school and continue to excel through high school.
Our Annual Goal and How We Achieve It
- We are currently fundraising for the 2023/2024 school year and we need to raise nearly $55,000+.
- Fundraising activities will include Cooperate match, Grant Writing, Bobcat Dash/Jogathon, Bottle and Can Recycling, Community Sponsors, Restaurant Nights, Bare Root Tree Sale, Farmington Gardens, Greenery sales, Pie sales, magic math money and Fall Festival.
In 2022-2023, many of the current FVPAE board members will not be seeking re-election. For continuity, it's critical that we have new parents volunteer for these roles or the program cannot continue. If you are interested in any of these positions, including the two open positions (Grant Writer or SCRIP Lead), please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and get involved!
President: Bri Rickard
Vice President: Kayla Fay
Treasurer: Sam Adamanski
Secretary: Jenni Vasquez
Recycling Committee Lead: TBD - Looking for Volunteers
Restaurant Nights Committee Lead: Jessica Pariera Borg
Grants Committee Lead: OPEN
Community Sponsors Committee Lead: Holly ChandlerPrevious Years:2021/2022: Sierra Kenney Koral, Cassie Hamelman, Jessica Pariera Borg, Lori Christensen, Natasha Garcia, Margie McGuire, Holly Chandler2020/2021: Sierra Kenney Koral, Cassie Hamelman, Jessica Borg, Lori Christensen2019/2020: Kristin Henry, Mary Tobias, Meghan Randall, Sierra Kenney Koral2018/2019: Kristin Henry, Mary Tobias, Meghan Randall, Sierra Kenney Koral2017/2018: Mary Tobias, Kristin Henry, Angela Crop, Peggy Harris2016/2017: Mary Tobias, Cindy Vuylsteke, Angela Crop, Daye Decker, Peggy Harris2015/2016: Cindy Vuylsteke, Lori Sutton, Sophia Barré, Peggy Harris
2014/2015: Himanshu Sinha, Sophia Barré, Cindy Vuylsteke, Peggy Harris,
2013/2014: Himanshu Sinha, Peggy Harris, Sophia Barré
2012/2013: Melissa Notz, Steve Vuylsteke, Thad Fisco, Robin Burnside, Shay Webb
2011/2012: Terry Alexander, Robin Burnside, Shay Webb
2010/2011: Terry Alexander, Kathie Cox, Cathy Gambee, Robin Burnside, Shay Webb
2009/2010: Terry Alexander, Kathie Cox, Cathy Gambee, Sara Dehoff, Lara Locicero
2008/2009: Vicky Egger, Mike Egger, Sara Dehoff, Lara Locicero
2007/2008: Vicky Egger, Mike Egger, Trish Rabe, Christine Eaton
2006/2007: Ellie Rickett, Trish Rabe
2005/2006: Trish Rabe, Ellie Rickett, Clara Steiner-Jay, Jill Butcher, Tracy Steward
2004/2005: Kathie Cox, Sharon Arends, Clara Steiner-Jay
2003/2004: Kathie Cox, Sharon Arends, Clara Steiner-Jay, Sarah Christensen
2002/2003: Clara Steiner-Jay, Sarah Christensen
2001/2002: Clara Steiner-Jay, Sarah Christensen, Shelley Volpigno
Thank You to Our Major Donor
Autzen Foundation gave FVPAE a generous grant for 2023-2024 school year that will allow us to continue the math program at Farmington View! Thank you so much!
How Can You Participate?
- Restaurant Nights - Ongoing, check our Facebook page for specifics
- Fall Festival
- Amos Rich Tree Sale
- Farmington Gardens Shopping Day
- Bobcat Dash
- This is our largest fundraiser of the year and we need lots of support.
- Attend FVPAE Meetings (see meeting dates and join info below)
- Volunteer to coordinate and/or provide support! We always need your help.
- Grant Writing/Family Foundations – Identify, Submit, and Follow Up
- Retailer Rewards – Earn $$$ for shopping!
How Can You Donate?
We are a 501 (c) 3 organization.
Our Tax ID Number is 31-1720292. All donations are tax deductible.
- New and improved online donation website which allows for recurring donation options, emailed tax receipts, as well as a matching gift search where you can check if your employer offers matching gifts to double your donation! Donate Online Here!
Donate By Mail!
- Mail a check made out to FVPAE and send it to FVPAE, Farmington View Elementary School, 8300 SW Hillsboro Highway, Hillsboro, OR 97123
Donate In Person!
- Download or request a donation form at our school office.
Many employers offer an “Employer Matching” program so don’t forget to submit your request!
Please be sure to note if you would like to make an anonymous donation.
All donations in any amount are greatly appreciated! Thank you for your consideration!