History

  • In the 1800's, Reedville was a business area resting on land owned primarily by Ladd and Reed, Portland businessmen. The land was planted in orchards of peach, apple, cherry, and filbert trees.

    Jo Wenzel, Superintendent, agreed that Ladd Acres would be an appropriate name for this school since all of the land in the area was originally owned by these two men. Ladd Acres Elementary was built in three phases; the main building was opened in 1968.

    On July 1, 1996, Ladd Acres, along with the other Reedville District Schools and six other districts, joined Hillsboro schools to become Hillsboro School District 1J. This district is currently the fifth-largest in the State of Oregon.


    En la década de 1800, Reedville era una zona de negocios en tierra poseída principalmente por Ladd y Reed, dos hombres de negocios de Portland. La tierra fue plantada en huertas de durazno, manzana, cereza, y árboles de avellana.

    Jo Wenzel, Superintendente, acordó que Ladd Acres sería un nombre adecuado para esta escuela ya que toda la tierra en el área fue originalmente propiedad de estos dos hombres. La escuela primaria de Ladd Acres fue construida en tres fases; el edificio principal se inauguró en 1968.

    El 1 de julio de 1996, Ladd Acres, junto con las otras escuelas del distrito Reedville y otros seis distritos, se unió a las escuelas de Hillsboro a convertirse en el Distrito Escolar de Hillsboro 1J. Este distrito es actualmente el quinto mayor en el Estado de Oregon.