Is DLP Right for Your Family?
The Dual Language program truly incorporates the entire family. Students learn language during the day, while parents are encouraged to learn the language by night. Children who have a love of learning and support and encouragement from home will find success in the dual language program.
The program is a good fit for families that:
- Value other cultures--the people, art, history, etc.
- Support learning a second language and encourage practicing the language.
- Are willing to participate in school projects and activities.
- Are willing to commit to at least 7 years of program participation.
- There are many reasons families choose to participate in the dual language program: career opportunities, multicultural appreciation, and/or the ease of becoming bilingual at an early age. All families who enroll in this program show a commitment to support their child at school and at home.