Proud to be HSD Trailer
The Proud to be HSD Trailer was initially envisioned as a flexible, mobile space that could serve to showcase a variety of school and student activities, from art and drama to science and engineering, and more! Then, because of our collaboration with community artist Christine Martell, it also became a mechanism for community outreach and the fostering of authentic dialogue and relationships through shared experiences of creative expression. Currently, we are working with Intel and a group of Intel employees to infuse technology into the trailer so it can be used as a demonstration space, as well as to create mobile technology carts that can be used for classroom instruction.
The possibilities for the trailer are only limited by our imagination and resources! We would love to partner with YOU on future retrofits and events. If you are interested, please contact us!
Thank you to our sponsors!
We are incredibly grateful for the support we have received for the Proud to be HSD Trailer in the form of donations and grants from the following organizations:
- In-kind contributions of time, talent, and resources from Christine Martell of Visuals Speak and the Artosaur.
- $1950 grant from the Cultural Coalition of Washington County (CCWC), funded by the Oregon Cultural Trust (OCT), on December 14, 2016.
- $1000 artist support from the Richard B. Siegel Foundation in February 2017.
- $2000 grant from the Hillsboro Schools Foundation (HSF) on February 8, 2017.
- $3000 grant from the Hillsboro Arts & Culture Council (HACC) on June 2, 2017.
- $5000 grant from Intel Corporation on September 25, 2017.