Hillsboro 2035 Plan
The new Hillsboro 2035 Community Plan extends the success of the original Hillsboro 2020 Plan, providing a shared vision for Hillsboro’s future and a detailed action plan for working toward that collective vision. The ideas in the plan are based on input from thousands of community members in cooperation with local organizations who have agreed to share implementation responsibilities.
Education and community involvement comprise one of the focus areas of the 2035 Plan. The first initiative in this focus area is to "pursue and promote continued excellence in Hillsboro schools," which includes these action items:
- Reducing student-to-teacher classroom ratios
- Developing advanced learning experiences (STEAM) in schools with help from the community
- Increasing the percentage of students enrolled in challenging curriculums including Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate programs
- Expanding dual credit programs and increasing student enrollment in college
- Establishing a community school support program to help meet education needs with help from parents and professionals.
To learn more, please visit hillsboro2035.org/2035-plan/ or call the City of Hillsboro at 503-681-6219.