ABOUT THE COUNSELING AND CAREER CENTER
The goal of our comprehensive counseling program is to provide all students with the necessary knowledge and support to assist them in making decisions about their future, both short and long-term. School counselors help students identify, plan for, and achieve their academic, career, and personal goals. We support all students through a combination of classroom guidance lessons, small-group counseling sessions and individual student planning. We also help identify systemic barriers students face and advocate for closing the opportunity gaps in collaboration with families and community partners to ensure that all students have access to the academic, career, social, and emotional supports necessary to succeed.
- All students deserve a quality education that meets their individualized needs, are doing the best they can, and have a right to a safe space.
- Students benefit from a comprehensive school counseling program within a caring and supportive school climate.
- Quality programming is collaborative, inclusive, and data-driven.
- Our counseling program is best when it addresses systems and resources to advocate and support students in the three counseling domains: academic, personal/social, and career.
- Every student’s educational plan looks different, as does their post-secondary plan.
- Students are best served when school staff are empathetic, compassionate, open-minded, and practice self--awareness consistently.
Our role is to….
- Promote student holistic wellness and development
- Listen to student and family voice
- Challenge systemic barriers
- Provide wraparound support
- Advocate for and with students
- Provide culturally appropriate resources and referrals
Who is your counselor?
Oak Street Campus counselors are assigned by program:
Early College Class of 2024
Early College Class of 2025
School to Career Specialist & Teen Parent Teacher
Pathways Center School to Career Specialist
Student Support Wellness Counselor