Dec. 30, 2019
Dec. 16, 2019
Photo 1: roofing asphalt has been partially applied over the media center/addition roof. The remainder is expected to be added, weather permitting, over winter break, after which roofing panels can be installed. Once the building has been "dried in," work on fireproofing and interior walls can begin.
Photo 2: crew members work on applying and smoothing out concrete over the metal framing to provide an even surface for the exterior panels.
Photo 3: roof decking has been installed over the entry corridor.
Photo 4: brick is being laid around the exterior of the team room as sheetrock is being delivered and installed inside.
Photo 5: the cafeteria addition has roof decking installed, awaiting asphalt application.
Dec. 9, 2019
Photo 1: the exterior of the building has been sheathed.
Photos 2 and 3: framing of the first and second floor interiors continues.
Photo 4: crew members work on the framing of part of the entry corridor.
Photo 5: brick is starting to be laid around the team room.
Dec. 2, 2019
Photo 1: crew members hang wiring on the ceiling of the new weight room addition.
Photo 2: work continues in the team room installing ducts and conduit.
Photo 3: metal framing is cut to size and installed in the cafeteria addition.
Photos 4-6: rooftop HVAC units have been placed on top of the media center addition as framing and sheathing continue on the first and second floors.
Nov. 25, 2019
Photo 1: the cafeteria addition is taking on more definition with wall and roof framing. The arrow indicates the location of the steel beam signed by community members on Sept. 26.
Photo 2: a view of the addition toward the adjacent, existing cafeteria.
Photos 3, 4 and 5: sheathing is enclosing the exterior of the media center addition while, inside, work continues on the steel framing of the first and second floors.
Photos 6 and 7: HVAC ductwork is being installed in the team room as work continues on the exterior.
Photo 8: in the weight room, HVAC ductwork is also being installed.
Nov. 12, 2019
Photo 1: an aerial view of the cafeteria addition after installation of steel beams for the roof.
Photo 2: the steel beam, signed by community members, sits in the middle of the structure.
Photo 3: HVAC ductwork is being installed in the team room.
Photo 4: sheathing now encloses the walls of the weight room.
Photo 5: framing of the exterior border of the roof.
Nov. 4, 2019
Photos 1 and 2: the concrete masonry walls for the cafeteria addition have been erected.
Photos 3 and 4: walls are being framed in the team room addition.
Photos 5 and 6: weight room framing is being installed.
Photo 7: welding of steel beams in media center addition.
Photo 8: building of stairs to the second floor of the media center addition.
Photo 9: a view of the second floor of the media center addition.
Oct. 28, 2019
Photos 1 and 2: now that the roof deck panels are in place on the media center addition, the second floor base panels are being installed.
Photo 3: the cafeteria addition masonry work continues.
Oct. 22, 2019
Photos 1-4: the metal roof panels have been installed as crew members continue welding on the steel structure.
Photo 5: work on the team room continues after the roof beams have been fireproofed
Photo 6: the weight room is being prepared for fireproofing.
Photo 7-8: reinforced concrete masonry blocks are being installed on the perimeter and entry area of the cafeteria addition
Oct. 14, 2019
Photos 1 and 2: concrete masonry has been set to outline the walls for the cafeteria addition.
Photos 3-5: crew members check connections and weld the steel beams for the media center addition.
Photos 6-7: work continues on the roofing and sides of the weight room and team rooms.
Oct. 1-2, 2019
Photos 1-3: a crane lifts steel beams to frame the new media center addition.
Photos 4-5: construction continues on the weight and team rooms.
Photo 6: the cafeteria addition is taking shape with the foundation laid.
Sept. 25-26, 2019
Steel beams are being arranged around the media center site in preparation for the framing of the structure.
The frame has been installed for the weight room roof.
Decking has been installed on the team room roof.
Completed renovations in the student services office, main office, band storage/concessions, and the student store.
Sept. 16, 2019
Photo 1: the foundation has been poured for the new weight room, and workers start preparing for structural framing.
Photo 2: the foundation in the second section of the media center addition has been poured.
Sept. 9, 2019
The second section of the media center/classroom addition has been framed in preparation for the next concrete pour.
Sept. 4, 2019
An aerial view of the south side of campus at the start of the school year.
Aug. 26, 2019
Paving, striping and landscaping have been completed for the new parking lot on the south side of campus. Note the canopy at the side of the building over the sidewalk - this will help shelter students as they wait for the bus. Light poles are still pending installation.
Aug. 14, 2019
July 2, 2019
Video: Project update by Glencoe senior Andrew Goodwin
Photo 1: "Mount Glencoe" is filled with concrete excavated from various areas of the site. It will be ground up and repurposed to form part of the base in the south parking lot.
Photo 2: Crew members work on strapping the new ventilation ducts in the school office.
Photo 3: The main entryway is being excavated and graded to prepare for the new addition. The crane lifts gravel to the rooftop.
Photo 4: The student store is undergoing renovations to expand counters and casework, add sinks, and build a new opening. This is just one of many career-technical education spaces that will be worked on.
Photo 5: Work continues in the early childhood education classroom to replace underground pipe as well as overhead HVAC ducts.
June 21, 2019
Video: Project update by Glencoe senior Andrew Goodwin
Photo 1: Walls in the main office have been demolished.
Photo 2: canopies adjacent to the gym and theatre have been removed to prepare for construction of the new weight room.
June 17, 2019
The main office has been cleared out, the HVAC system and wiring exposed, and walls have been marked for demolition.
The old football shed has been demolished. The new, north parking lot will eventually extend into that area.
Nov. 2018 - Parking Lot Changes
Oct. 1, 2018 - Neighborhood Meeting
A neighborhood meeting was held at Glencoe to preview the proposed designs for additions and renovations to the campus, accommodating a growing enrollment of up to 400 more students. The goal is to start construction in May 2019 and conclude by the end of summer 2020. Seismic retrofits are included as part of the improvements. BLRB architects answered questions from the audience - consolidated into primary, common themes here:
- Land use process - plans will be submitted to the City of Hillsboro shortly; the City is likely to schedule public hearings and an opportunity for public comment in the next few months
- Relocation/staging of students and classrooms during construction - a plan will be in place; this may not always be "comfortable," but the priority will be on protecting students, yet allowing them to safely observe progress
- Improving safety - unsecured entry will be reduced with the new main entrance and vestibule design as well as by enclosing and connecting the cafeteria addition to the main building
- Glencoe Road traffic - staff knows this is an issue and has commissioned a traffic study to evaluate flows; potential solutions for improvement will likely require funding beyond the current bond budget
- Fire lane access (between gym and field) - concerns were raised about cars driving through and parking, as well as needed access for theatre loading; since this lane cannot be blocked, signage or other operational solutions will need to address these concerns
- Band trailer storage/parking and theatre storage - this is a known concern as storage will need to be relocated
- Traffic flow and congestion - concerns were raised about ingress/egress, numbers/idling of buses, neighborhood parking, crosswalk access in lots; expansion/redesign of the parking lots is expected to help alleviate these concerns (with minimal impact to existing mature trees) as well as the just-approved District policy ECG to minimize bus idling
- Digital/technology/electrical access - additions/renovations will be constructed to the latest, state-of-the-art standards, including wireless access points and Chromebook cart plug-ins (Chromebook carts were already delivered in early 2018 as part of the first bond-funded technology roll-out)
- Murals - graphic design instructor already has been in touch to potentially incorporate student-led designs
Oct. 1, 2019 - steel beams begin to be erected for the media center addition.
Aug. 30, 2019 - construction of south parking lot and summer 2019 interior renovations completed; punchlist items in progress.
June 17, 2019 - work begins on building improvements and the south parking lot.
June 5, 2019 - the groundbreaking ceremony commemorating the official start of construction on the main building.
May 1, 2019 - preparations begin for renovations, starting with abatement in the football shed and mobilization of equipment and materials.
Oct. 1, 2018 - Neighborhood meeting held to review proposed design for additions/renovations