The main way for students to recieve financial aid is to file a FAFSA. FAFSA stands for "Free Application for Federal Student Aid". Students fill out the form with their parents and submit it as soon as possible after January 1 of their senior year.
Oregon residents who submit a FAFSA, automatically apply for:
- The Oregon Opportunity Grant(Need-Based)
- The Federal PELL Grant (Need-Based)
- Federal Work Study Program
- All college campus need-based aid programs
- FAFSA is used to determine if students are eligible for Stafford Loans and if parents are eligible for Parent PLUS Loans
- Filing a FAFSA is also a requirement for some scholarship applications
Need help with FAFSA? visit The Ultimate FAFSA Resource Guide.