Internships AKA ELO (Experiential Learning Opportunity)All seniors are expected to complete an ELO of either 15 hours of 30 hours if they wish to cord in a pathway.This is coordinated through the student's career pathway capstone or senior seminar course.A minimum of 30 hours is required for cord eligibility.
A professional hosts a student as they learn about a career and business over a few days.Students work on specific tasks that relate to their career interests.
Resume BuilderWhen attending a CRLE or ELO you must present an up-to-date working resume.Utilize this resume builder that will create and share a google doc directly to you with your editable resume.
Job Shadows AKA CRLE (Career Related Learning Experience)Job Shadowing gives a student an inside look at a job and/or company. It exposes the student to a business environment and basic workplace skills through observation. Job Shadows are approximately three hours.
1. Career Day - The professional serves as a presenter at a career day that is focused on specific career fields. Typically, students will rotate in small groups to each presenter at the event.
2. Career Spotlights - The professional presents to a small group of high school students about his/her career pathway.
3. Guest Speaker - A professional visits a high school classroom and presents to students about his/her career.
4. Job Shadow - The student gets an inside look at the career and the company. It exposes the student to a business environment and basic workplace skills through observation.
5. Informational Interview - The student meets with a professional to hear more about their career pathway and ask questions.