Internships AKA ELO (Experiential Learning Opportunity)Seniors who plan to cord in a pathway must complete an ELO.
Students may request their ELO through their capstone teacher or through the college & career center by September 30th.
Job Shadows AKA CRLE (Career Related Learning Experience)
Juniors must complete a CRLE prior to senior year. Please see Mrs. Guzman in the college and career center if you have not requested your CRLE for this year.Job Shadowing gives a student an inside look at a job and/or company. It exposes the student to a business environment and basic workplace skills through observation. Job Shadows are approximately three hours.
1. Career Day - The professional serves as a presenter at a career day that is focused on specific career fields. Typically, students will rotate in small groups to each presenter at the event.
2. Career Spotlights - The professional presents to a small group of high school students about his/her career pathway.
3. Guest Speaker - A professional visits a high school classroom and presents to students about his/her career.
4. Job Shadow - The student gets an inside look at the career and the company. It exposes the student to a business environment and basic workplace skills through observation.
5. Informational Interview - The student meets with a professional to hear more about their career pathway and ask questions.