Family STEM Challenge
October 2nd Thru Oct. 29th
Create solutions to the following:
Build the Highest Tower
Explore creative problem solving by using non-traditional building materials to build a structure. The challenge is to build the highest tower you can using these materials:
2 pieces of standard printer paper
10 paper clips
1 pair of scissors
1. Apply a piece of masking tape or a strip of paper to a wall or door jamb starting at the floor and extending up about 5 feet. This will be used to compare the heights of the towers.
2. Only the materials listed above may be used in building your tower.
3. The towers must be free-standing. They may not lean against the wall or be held up.
4. Towers must be brought to the measuring spot. This means they will have to be transportable.
5. Take a photo of your engineering creation and post in our shared Google Folder by Oct. 29th to be eligible to win a prize.
You may participate as a family, as individuals, or as small teams within your family. Invent innovative ways to build the tower!