Middle School Forecasting:
- Forecasting "How To" video by Mr. Ollis
- Mr. Ollis will be meeting with current 6th & 7th grade students in their Advisory/Homerooms
- Make your course selections and fill out your form online at https://hillsboroschools.wufoo.com/forms/20222023-middle-school-forecasting-hoa/
- Course descriptions can be found to the left at Middle School Course Descriptions
High School Forecasting:
- Mrs. Snyder will be visiting all 8th-11th grade Advisory classes to share forecasting information and answer questions. She will also host evening meetings for parents and students. Please check our Calendar for dates & times.
- Choose your classes by filling out our online forecasting form: https://hillsboroschools.wufoo.com/forms/20222023-high-school-forecasting-hoa/
- If you prefer, you can also download the HS Forecasting form, fill it out & turn it in
- Course descriptions can be found to the left under High School Course Descriptions
- If you are wanting to take an off-campus class that is not at your homeschool please fill out the 2022 - 2023 School Year Off-Campus Application. If you have any questions please contact your School Counselor.
Helpful forecasting tips
Students are advised to plan ahead and forecast carefully. A significant amount of time and effort is devoted to giving students their first-choice electives (or alternates). The offering and staffing of courses will be dependent on the requests made during spring registration. Students are expected to take and complete the classes they have requested.
Things to Remember:
- PLEASE CHOOSE CAREFULLY
- All students must forecast for a minimum of eight classes.
- If you are participating in an OSAA sport you need to be registered for a minimum of five classes.
- NHS students must be enrolled in 3 letter graded credits each semester.
- Students who do not complete their forecasting sheet will have classes chosen for them based on class availability.
Schedule Correction Procedures:
Schedule corrections will be considered for the following reasons only:
- Student needs to take a required course for graduation
- Student was placed in an inappropriate course/skill level
- Student has a “see counselor” note or incomplete schedule
Schedule corrections will not be made for:
- Lunch requests
- Teacher requests
- Peer requests
- AP courses (the expectation is that students who forecast for an AP class complete the entire course)
- Changing unwanted electives
- Early release/late arrival
- Changing unwanted core class(es), such as a fourth year of math or science