As a newly-formed group in the Hillsboro School District, the Black Village Family Advisory committee has been hard at work. We created the group from an initial family engagement meeting, identified and established parent leaders from the community, and drafted a mission statement to carry our vision forward.
Here’s a quick timeline of some of our work from the first year:
- February 26, 2020 - Black/African American/African Family Engagement Night sponsored by HSD
- June 19, 2020 - Request for volunteers to form a Parent Advisory Committee
- July 13, 2020 - Volunteers gathered/ formed a structure
- October 20, 2020 - Established "Black Village Family Advisory Committee" as official name for group
- October 27, 2020 - Drafted a Vision/Mission Statement
- October 27, 2020 - Inaugural meeting with HSD School Board
How We Operate
Our BVFAC Board meets the first week of the month
BVFAC Leadership meets with HSD support on the second week of the month
BVFAC Family Engagement meetings take place on either the third or fourth week of the month.