As a newly-formed group in the Hillsboro School District, the Black Village Family Advisory committee has been hard at work this past year. We created the group from an initial family engagement meeting, identified and established parent leaders from the community, and drafted a mission statement to carry our vision forward.
Here is a quick timeline of some of our work this year:
- February 26, 2020 - Black/African American/African Family Engagement Night sponsored by HSD
- June 19, 2020 - Request for volunteers to form a Parent Advisory Committee
- July 13, 2020 - Volunteers gathered/ formed a structure
- October 20, 2020 - Established "Black Village Family Advisory Committee" as official name for group
- October 27, 2020 - Drafted a Vision/Mission Statement
- October 27, 2020 - Inaugural meeting with HSD School Board
How We Operate
Our BVFAC Board Leadership meets on the first Tuesday of the month.
BVFAC Leadership meets with HSD support on the second Tuesday of the month.
BVFAC Family Engagement meetings take place on either the last or second to last Tuesday of the month, depending on when HSD Board meetings are scheduled.