Fingerprint Background Clearance Process
**Please note that there is no out-of-pocket expense for this requirement. The total fee for fingerprinting will be billed to the Hillsboro School District.**
Follow these steps to initiate your fingerprint-based background check:
- Write down this code: FPHillsboroSD1JVol You will need this Hillsboro Volunteer code when scheduling your fingerprint appointment. Please make a note of it before proceeding.
- After writing down the code above, follow this link to schedule your fingerprint appointment.
- Click “schedule an appointment” and complete all required fields. You will be asked to sign up before you are allowed to continue.
- The actual appointment will take approximately 10 minutes; you will schedule at the location of your choice.
- Processing can take up to eight weeks.
- Once cleared, HSD will be notified and your application will be updated with this information.
- You will receive notification when your volunteer application has been fully approved.
Do you currently hold a teaching license in Oregon? If so, email Kristina Gantt - email@example.com with that information and include the name on your license.
Were you fingerprinted through Oregon Department of Education with an entity other than Hillsboro School District? If so, complete the top portion of THIS FORM and send to the appropriate organization in order to allow them to share your fingerprint clearance with HSD.