The Hillsboro School District's goal is to prepare students for post-secondary education and a range of new in-demand career skills by providing a variety of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) programs. With the projected growth in STEM-related jobs, we believe giving students opportunities to develop STEM literacy is preparing them for better futures and growing a sustainable workforce for the Hillsboro community.
HSD’s in-school and out-of-school STEM programs and activities will:
- Engage our diverse student groups in a manner that allows them to self-identify as STEM learners
- Provide opportunities for students K-12 to develop creativity, critical reasoning skills and basic scientific literacy to promote intelligent citizenship and career readiness.
- Build skills necessary for the growing number of STEM jobs in our region
- Provide opportunities for members of the local STEM community to serve as role models for our STEM learners
- Increase the diversity of our local and national science and engineering workforce.
Contact your school to find out about school-specific STEM/STEAM programs and activities.