We provide resources and guidance that support the curriculum and encourage developing literacy for all members of our learning community, including students, staff, and families. In addition, we assist teachers in preparing our students for college and their careers by providing professional development in the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will help students:
I. INQUIRE - Build new knowledge by inquiring, thinking critically, identifying problems, and developing strategies for solving problems.
II. INCLUDE - Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to inclusiveness and respect for diversity in the learning community.
III. COLLABORATE - Work effectively with others to broaden perspectives and work toward common goals.
IV. CURATE Make meaning for oneself and others by collecting, organizing, and sharing resources of personal relevance.
V. EXPLORE - Discover and innovate in a growth mindset developed through experience and reflection.
VI. ENGAGE - Demonstrate safe, legal, and ethical creating and sharing of knowledge products independently while engaging in a community of practice and an interconnected world.
- Access to Engaging Library and Media Resources - Each HSD campus provides equitable access to a variety of professionally curated and organized materials that support the curriculum and literacy.
- Support for Instruction - Every HSD campus library media center supports its teachers by providing information in a variety of formats to enhance their instruction and the quality of student work. The district digital media specialist works closely with teachers, instructional coaches, administrators, and TOSAs to incorporate information literacy into all grade levels and subject areas
- Equitable, Safe, and Inclusive Learning Environments -Each HSD campus library media center strives to help students, staff, and families feel safe, valued, and appreciated. Visitors are welcomed into the space where a friendly, professional, knowledgeable staff member is ready to assist them in accessing the resources they need.
- Leadership for Learning - The district digital media specialist helps campus administrators ensure each campus media assistant is continually learning, growing, and developing their skills so they can assist their teachers in delivering instruction in the most effective and engaging manner possible. The district digital media specialist also provides ongoing professional development for all HSD staff that helps them incorporate information literacy into their content.
- Organization - HSD library media centers function responsibly and efficiently, ensuring all students and staff, regardless of their campus, have access to the same high quality educational resources. All district media centers are organized places for effective teaching and learning.