Scope of Work
Please note that project costs and schedules may fluctuate due to cost of materials and labor, conditions at the site, unforeseen and/or revised scope, and other factors.
Summer 2021 Projects
Farmington View will be undergoing renovations in summer 2021 that include safety and seismic upgrades, equipment replacements and upgrades, and roofing. The parent/bus dropoff area will be remodeled to enhance the safety of both pedestrians and drivers as well as to promote more orderly flow of traffic.
- New Playground
Students were excited about their new playground upgrades that promote healthy play and exercise. The play structure, with ground-level ADA-accessible activities, was installed in summer 2018 on a safer, padded tile surface, and has an accompanying all-weather, synthetic turf play area.
- Flexible Furniture
New flexible furniture (FFE) was delivered to the school in summer 2018. Research has shown that this type of furniture helps stimulate student engagement and learning.
- Modular Building
The existing portables were replaced with a new permanent, modular building that includes two classrooms and restrooms. The modular building was installed in summer 2018.
Goal / Project
Prioritize Safety and Security
School safety upgrades
- Interior door locks
- Strobes, visual warning inside and outside
- Security cameras
- Card key access - exterior doors
- Fire doors on alert button at front desk
- Glass film at main door
- Upgrade in-building radio communication
School seismic upgrades
Parent/bus dropoff improvements
Renovate and Repair Aging Schools
Current infrastructure improvements
- Add air conditioning
- Water pipe replacement
- Boiler replacement
- Direct digital controls (DDC)
- Walk-in freezer
- Replace portable building(s) with permanent structure(s)
Provide a Modern Education for Every Student
Educational Technology (classroom)
- CRT monitor replacement
- Classroom projectors
- Voice amplification
- Wireless access points
- Document cameras
- Student computers
- Licensed staff computers
- Classified staff computers
- Elementary gymnasium audio/visual system
- Flexible classroom furniture
Cornerstone Management Group
- Modular building, playground: Rick Cunningham
- FFE: Karyn Rainone
- Modular building, playground: 3J Consulting, Inc.
- Modular building: Five Star
- Site work: Five Star Builders, Inc.
- Structure: Cascade Recreation
- Rubber tile: NW Playground Equipment
- McDowell-Craig (desks)
- School Specialty (seating)