Scope of Work
Please note that project costs and schedules may fluctuate due to cost of materials and labor, conditions at the site, unforeseen and/or revised scope, and other factors.
- Flexible Furniture
New flexible furniture (FFE) will be delivered to Minter Bridge classrooms in summer 2019. Research has shown that this type of furniture helps stimulate student engagement and learning.
In summer 2020, construction will begin on renovations to the existing building. These improvements include security cameras, interior door locks, alert/warning systems, and other safety measures. Seismic upgrades and new roofing will be added, as well as heating to the existing HVAC system.
- New Modular Building
The existing portables will be replaced with a new modular building (including restroom).
- Parent/bus Dropoff Area Upgrades
Improvements will be made to the parent and bus dropoff areas. The new design will separate buses from regular vehicular traffic to improve traffic flow, pedestrian and driver safety, and efficiency of dropoffs.
- New Gym
A new gymnasium will be built on the campus, enabling dedicated use for PE and activities, separate from the cafeteria. The gym will be constructed to "immediate occupancy" seismic standards, providing an emergency shelter resource to the community in case of a major earthquake.
Goal / Project
Prioritize Safety and Security
School safety upgrades
- Interior door locks
- Strobes, visual warning inside and outside
- Security cameras
- Improve line of sight from office to front door
- Card key access - exterior doors
- Alert button at front desk
- Fire doors on alert button at front desk
- Glass film at main door and other windows
- Upgrade in-building radio communications
School seismic upgrades
Parent/bus dropoff improvements
Renovate and Repair Aging Schools
Current Infrastructure Improvements
- Add heat to HVAC
- Replace portable building(s) with permanent structure(s)
- Construct new gymnasium - eliminate cafegymitoriums
Provide a Modern Education for Every Student
Educational Technology (classroom)
- CRT monitor replacement
- Classroom projectors
- Voice amplification
- Wireless access points
- Document cameras
- Student computers
- Licensed staff computers
- Classified staff computers
- Elementary gymnasium audio/visual system
- Flexible classroom furniture