Scope of Work
Please note that project costs and schedules may fluctuate due to cost of materials and labor, conditions at the site, unforeseen and/or revised scope, and other factors. Project costs: $12.6 million
- Lobby HVAC Terminal Unit, Gate Fixes
A terminal unit was added in March 2022 in the lobby area to improve HVAC system flow. On the gym gates, sharp edges were fixed to prevent potential injury.
- Sliding Door Replacement
Walls and windows replaced the building's sliding glass doors in August 2020 to enhance building security.
- New Gym
A new gymnasium was built on the campus, enabling dedicated use for PE and activities, separate from the cafeteria. The gym is constructed to "immediate occupancy" seismic standards, providing an emergency shelter resource to the community in case of a major earthquake. This project began in March 2019; unforeseen factors pushed the completion to February 2020. The school was able to celebrate a grand opening in March, just before COVID-19-related closures
Students will love their new playground, similar to what was installed in summer 2018 at several other elementary schools. This work will be implemented once access behind the gym is made possible as equipment and vehicles are no longer needed for gym construction, expected to happen by late January 2020.
- New Modular Building
The existing portables were replaced with a new modular building comprising five classrooms and restroom. The building was constructed offsite, then delivered and assembled on the Mooberry campus. This project was completed in August 2019.
- Building Renovations
HVAC, safety and security upgrades were implemented at Mooberry, and air conditioning was added to the HVAC system. Roofing was upgraded and domestic water pipe was replaced. This work was completed in summer 2019.
- Floor Polishing
Not originally part of the bond project list, aging floor tiles in the current gym prompted the addition of this project. The tiles were removed and the underlying concrete was polished in summer 2018. The result is a "new" - and lower-maintenance - floor.
Cornerstone Management Group
- Lobby HVAC terminal unit: Luke Harkness / John Abel
- Gates fixes: Luke Harkness
- Renovations, modular, gym, playground: Becca VandeWalle
- FFE: Karyn Rainone
- Floor polishing: Rick Cunningham
Hillsboro School District
- Sliding door replacement: Dave Peterson
- Renovations, modular, gym, playground: Mahlum Architects
- Lobby HVAC terminal unit: Hydrotemp
- Gates fixes: Dick's Evergreen Fence & Deck
- Renovations, gym, portable classroom replacement: Inline Construction
- Modular building: Pacific Mobile Structures
- Sliding door replacement: HSD Facilities Department
- Roofing: Tremco
- McDowell-Craig (desks)
- School Specialty (seating)