Scope of Work
- Building Renovations and New Cafeteria, Playground, Dropoff/Parking Lot
Reedville got a makeover! While maintaining the historic charm of the exterior of the school, additions and upgrades to the interior provide the Reedville community a modernized facility to further enhance the positive learning environment.
The existing building received: seismic and security upgrades; HVAC upgrades and air conditioning; roof replacement; new flooring; a bathroom addition at the lower level; and renovation of the old cafeteria space to a new media center and flexible classroom space. A new elevator between the lower and upper levels improves ADA accessibility.
A new parent/bus dropoff area is expected to significantly mitigate traffic and safety concerns. Students love their new playground equipment on a safer rubber tile surface and their all-weather synthetic turf play area.
New classroom technology and flexible furniture (FFE) bring modern tools for learning and achievement.
The five old portables were replaced with a permanent, modular building containing five classrooms and a new cafeteria - students will be able to eat together instead of in four different shifts or in their classrooms.
The renovations were substantially completed in early September 2018. Additional work to expand and upgrade security measures was completed in December 2019.
Reedville has become a revitalized, but still historic, site through the bond-funded renovations.
Project cost: $12.1 million
Cornerstone Management Group
- Building addition/improvements: John Abel
- FFE: Karyn Rainone
- Mahlum Architects
- Building addition/improvements: Inline Construction
- Modular building: Modern Building Systems
- Hazardous materials abatement: Northstar
- Movers: Lile Moving & Storage
- Play equipment installation: Cascade Recreation
- Play area rubber tile installation: NW Playground
- McDowell-Craig (desks)
- School Specialty (seating)