Scope of Work
Reedville got a makeover! While maintaining the historic charm of the exterior of the school, additions and upgrades to the interior provide the Reedville community a modernized facility to further enhance the positive learning environment.
The existing building received: seismic and security upgrades; HVAC upgrades and air conditioning; roof replacement; new flooring; a bathroom addition at the lower level; and renovation of the old cafeteria space to a new media center and flexible classroom space. A new elevator between the lower and upper levels improves ADA accessibility.
A new parent/bus dropoff area is expected to significantly mitigate traffic and safety concerns. Students love their new playground equipment on a safer rubber tile surface and their all-weather synthetic turf play area.
New classroom technology and flexible furniture (FFE) bring modern tools for learning and achievement.
The five old portables were replaced with a permanent, modular building containing five classrooms and a new cafeteria - students will be able to eat together instead of in four different shifts or in their classrooms.
Reedville has become a revitalized, but still historic, site through the bond-funded renovations.
Goal / Project
Prioritize Safety and Security
School safety upgrades
- Interior door locks
- Strobes, visual warning inside and outside
- Security cameras
- Improve line of sight from office to front door
- Card key access - exterior doors
- Alert button at front desk
- Glass film at main door
- Upgrade in-building radio communication
School seismic upgrades
Renovate and Repair Aging Schools
Current infrastructure improvements
- Add air conditioning
- Direct digital controls
- Upgrade electrical service/generator
- Construct new parking lot
- Replace flooring
- Replace portable buildings with permanent structures
- New modular cafeteria with kitchen
Provide a Modern Education for Every Student
- CRT monitor replacement
- Classroom projectors
- Voice amplification
- Wireless access points
- Document cameras
- Student computers
- Licensed staff computers
- Classified staff computers
- Elementary gymnasium audio/visual system
- Flexible classroom furniture
Cornerstone Management Group
- Building addition/improvements: John Abel
- FFE: Karyn Rainone
- Building addition/improvements: Inline Construction
- Hazardous materials abatement: Northstar
- Movers: Lile Moving & Storage
- Play equipment installation: Cascade Recreation
- Play area rubber tile installation: NW Playground