Scope of Work
Please note that project costs and schedules may fluctuate due to cost of materials and labor, conditions at the site, unforeseen and/or revised scope, and other factors.
- Flexible Furniture
New flexible furniture (FFE) will be delivered to McKinney classrooms in summer 2019. Research has shown that this type of furniture helps stimulate student engagement and learning.
In summer 2020, construction will begin on renovations to the existing building, including safety and seismic upgrades, and new roofing.
- New Gym
A new gymnasium will be built on the campus, enabling dedicated use for PE and activities, separate from the cafeteria. The gym will be constructed to "immediate occupancy" seismic standards, providing an emergency shelter resource to the community in case of a major earthquake.
- Parent/Bus Dropoff Area
McKinney's first bond project, an improved parent/bus dropoff area, was constructed in summer 2018. The parent/bus dropoff includes improved lighting and separate parent and bus travel loops that is expected to improve safety for vehicles and pedestrians, as well as efficiency of traffic flow.
- New Modular Building
Three existing portable structures were replaced by a new modular building; it includes three classrooms and a bathroom facility (students no longer need to go into the main building).
Goal / Project
Prioritize Safety and Security
School safety upgrades
- Interior door locks
- Strobes, visual warning inside and outside
- Security cameras
- Card key access - exterior doors
- Alert button at front desk
- Fire doors on alert button at front desk
- Glass film at main door and other windows
- Upgrade in-building radio communications
School seismic upgrades
Parent/bus dropoff improvements
Renovate and Repair Aging Schools
Current Infrastructure Improvements
- Replace portable building(s) with permanent structure(s)
- Construct new gymnasium - eliminate cafegymitoriums
Provide a Modern Education for Every Student
Educational Technology (classroom)
- CRT monitor replacement
- Classroom projectors
- Voice amplification
- Wireless access points
- Document cameras
- Student computers
- Licensed staff computers
- Classified staff computers
- Elementary gymnasium audio/visual system
- Flexible classroom furniture
Cornerstone Management Group
- Modular building, parent/bus dropoff: Luke Harkness
- Parent/bus dropoff: 3J Consulting
- Renovations: Mahlum Architects
- Modular building, parent/bus dropoff: Five Star