Scope of Work
Please note that project costs and schedules may fluctuate due to cost of materials and labor, conditions at the site, unforeseen and/or revised scope, and other factors.
- Flexible Furniture
New flexible furniture (FFE) will be delivered to W.L. Henry classrooms in summer 2019. Research has shown the furniture to promote engagement and learning.
Major construction projects will include seismic upgrades to the existing building, and safety measures such as security cameras, interior door locks, and alert/warning systems. New roofing and enhancements/replacements to building equipment will also help improve the learning environment.
- Parent/Bus Dropoff Areas
The parent/bus dropoff areas will be modified to separate personal vehicles from buses, not only enhancing pedestrian and driver safety, but allowing for a smoother flow of traffic during dropoff and pickup times.
- New Gym
An exciting addition is a new gymnasium that enables dedicated use for PE and activities, separate from the cafeteria, and which can serve as an emergency shelter for the community in case of a major earthquake.
W.L. Henry's playground was installed on a safer, rubberized tile surface in summer 2018, and students can now play rain or shine on a new, synthetic turf area.
- Modular Building
Due to permitting delays, W.L. Henry's new modular building, originally scheduled for summer 2018, was installed in November 2018. The permanent building houses three classrooms and includes a bathroom facility, replacing the existing temporary, two-classroom, no bathroom portable.
Goal / Project
Prioritize Safety and Security
School safety upgrades
- Interior door locks
- Strobes, visual warning inside and outside
- Security cameras
- Improve line of sight from office to front door
- Card key access - exterior doors
- Alert button at front desk
- Glass film at main door
- Upgrade in-building radio communications
School seismic upgrades
Parent/bus dropoff improvements
Renovate and Repair Aging Schools
Current Infrastructure Improvements
- Add air conditioning
- Water pipe replacement
- Boiler replacement
- Direct digital controls (DDC)
- Upgrade electrical service/generator
- Replace portable building(s) with permanent structure(s)
- Construct new gymnasium - eliminate cafegymitoriums
Provide a Modern Education for Every Student
Educational Technology (classroom)
- CRT monitor replacement
- Classroom projectors
- Voice amplification
- Wireless access points
- Document cameras
- Student computers
- Licensed staff computers
- Classified staff computers
- Elementary gymnasium audio/visual system
- Flexible classroom furniture
Cornerstone Management Group
- Modular building, playground: Rick Cunningham
- Modular building, playground: 3J Consulting, Inc.
- Modular building: Five Star Builders
- Site work: Five Star Builders, Inc.
- Structure: Cascade Recreation
- Rubber tile: NW Playground Equipment