Proposed Front Entrance
Scope of Work
Please note that project tasks, costs and schedules may fluctuate due to cost of materials and labor, conditions at the site, unforeseen and/or revised scope, and other factors.
The Glencoe area is growing! Additions and renovations to the existing building (built in 1980) are expected to accommodate the projected enrollment growth, up to 400 more students. The front of the school will get a facelift to construct a more dramatic and welcoming entrance and commons area, and to create a secure entry vestibule. A cafeteria addition on the first floor will allow more space for students and takes advantage of natural lighting. A new media center will be added to the second floor. Classroom spaces will be renovated for several career-technical education programs. Both the north and south parking lots will be reconfigured to improve safety as well as traffic flow and efficiency.
The upcoming building renovation projects have a target start of May 2019, subject to land use approval, and completion by the end of summer 2020. The proposed changes are shown here, as presented at a neighborhood meeting on Oct. 1. The Glencoe additions/renovations will include:
Base building construction:
- Additions – media center, counseling center, health science classrooms
- Improvements – general classrooms, science labs and prep room, health science classrooms/labs, etc.
- Expansions – commons area, outdoor covered eating, table/chair storage, additional cafeteria tables/chairs
- Improvement/addition – weight room, outdoor covered training, team rooms, improved front entry to school
- Interior improvements – paint, update main street, add natural lighting
- Safety and security upgrades – in addition to the renovated entry, measures include security cameras, card key access, strobes, and visual warning inside and outside the building
- Seismic upgrades
- Parking lot/dropoff upgrades
- Relocate band instrument storage
Construction budget: $16.1 million
- CTE Expansion
Expansion of spaces for career-technical educational programs:
- Business/Student Store – renovate and expand counters/casework, add sinks, HVAC and ventilation improvements, electrical upgrades, new opening
- Construction Trades – convert current weight room to support program, add storage
- Early Childhood – minor renovation of current classroom space, observation window, add toilet, expand outdoor play area, enlarge fenced area, security, add student lockers
- Graphic Design – renovate existing space, add transparency, HVAC and ventilation improvements, electrical upgrades
- Health Science – convert existing classroom space to health science-specific laboratory space
Construction budget: $2.2 million
- Glencoe Turf Field
Glencoe now has a new, multi-use, synthetic turf field for varsity softball and practices for football, band and other activities, as well as the Hillsboro Hops Youth Field (funded by a $300,000 donation from the Hops) which will be a resource for youth baseball and softball. Installed lights will enable the all-weather field to be used in the evening hours. View the project archive. This project was constructed in summer 2018.
A distributed antenna system (DAS) was installed to ensure that first responders can communicate between themselves throughout all areas of the building. This safety-related project incorporates cable and antennae that boost the radio signals on the first responders' operating frequencies. It was completed in summer 2018.
Cornerstone Management Group
- In-building radio communications/DAS: Todd Johnson
- New turf field/lights: Craig Markus
- Addition/renovations: John Abel
- DAS: AWS Communications
- Turf field/lights: AKS Engineering & Forestry
- BLRB Architects (architectural design)
- Sazan Group (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection)
- DAS: Reece
- Turf field: Bernhardt Golf
- Addition/renovations: LCG Pence Construction