Scope of Work
Please note that project tasks, costs and schedules may fluctuate due to cost of materials and labor, conditions at the site, unforeseen and/or revised scope, and other factors.
- Entry Security
The front office area will be renovated to improve the line of sight to the front door, enhance entry security, streamline access into the building, and better monitor visitors to the school. After the start of each school day, all doors will be locked and new entrances will direct students, parents, and visitors directly to the front offices where they will need to check in. This is part of the safety and security measures occurring throughout the district. At Liberty, these measures also include:
- Security cameras
- Card key access
- Visual warning inside and outside the building
Work is expected to begin in May 2019, with substantial completion by the end of August 2019.
- CTE Renovations/Addition
For career-technical education (CTE) programs, renovations will be made to expand the culinary arts and early childhood education learning environments, as well as to add a new building for the sustainable agriculture/design programs:
- Culinary Arts - renovation of food preparation area to include addition of Class A exhaust hoods, finishes per health code, upgraded power and infrastructure improvements.
- Early Childhood - add observation window between high school and preschool classrooms, add fencing to play area, and add observation platform at stormwater swale.
- Sustainable Agriculture/Design - a new building will be constructed that includes shop and tool space, food proessing and marketing/sales areas, and a covered outdoor area.
Construction budget: $2.2 million
- Roofing, Chiller
Upcoming building renovations also include upgrades to roofing and the chiller.
Construction budget (chiller): $609,000
Flexible Furniture - 2021
Liberty will receive new flexible furniture (FFE) in the classrooms that stimulates engagement and learning. These are expected to be delivered in summer 2021.
A distributed antenna system (DAS) ensures that first responders can communicate between themselves throughout all areas of the building. This safety-related project incorporates cable and antennae that boost the radio signals on the first responders' operating frequencies. Installation was completed in summer 2018.
Cornerstone Management Group
- In-building radio communication/DAS: Todd Johnson
- Entry security: Mary Dolan
- Renovations/CTE expansion: Mary Dolan
- DAS: AWS Communications
- Renovations/CTE expansion:
- BLRB Architects (architectural design)
- Sazan Group (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection)
- DAS: Reece