In our effort to be transparent, the Hillsboro School District is publishing data on reported positive or presumptive COVID-19 cases (isolations) and quarantines for students and staff. This data is collected by our contact tracing team and school nurses with help from the Washington County Public Health Department. To protect the privacy of those involved, no names or grade level information will be displayed. Please note that this data may differ from data reported by the Oregon Health Authority because isolations and quarantines will no longer show up in our active data set once the person has returned to school/work and/or the classroom quarantine has ended.
- Positive COVID-19 case: Person with COVID-19 who has a confirmed positive result.
- Presumptive COVID-19 case: Person with at least two of the following COVID-19 symptoms: shortness of breath, cough, fever, new loss of smell or taste; has not had a positive COVID-19 lab test AND had close contact with a confirmed case in the past 14 days.
- Isolation: Time that a person with a positive or presumptive COVID-19 case must stay home - generally 10 days from the onset of symptoms. Please know that this number also includes people who may be experiencing a primary COVID-19 symptom (e.g. coughing, fever) and is sent home from school/doesn't come to school. In that case, a person can later test for COVID-19 and if it's negative the person can return to school. For that reason, the isolation counts can overrepresent actual COVID-19 positive cases in a school.
- Quarantine: Time that a person who had close contact with a positive or presumptive COVID-19 case must stay home - generally 10 days from the last exposure or longer, if directed by the Washington County Public Health Department.
- Close Contact: Someone who was
- Less than 6 feet of distance for 15 minutes or longer in a 24-hour period for adult-to-adult, adult-to-student, and student-to-student in non-instructional areas (cafeteria, recess, bus) and student-to-student without correct and consistent mask use
- Less than 3 feet of distance for 15 minutes or longer in a 24-hour period for student-to-student in instructional areas (classrooms, indoor/outdoor PE)
- Note that if a person is determined to have been in close contact but has been vaccinated and is not asked to quarantine, they will not be reported in this data set.
Information on staff vaccination percentages is based on submitted data, not necessarily what has been checked and approved. Data is for regular HSD employees in the categories of Classified, Licensed, Administrator, and Supervisory/Technical, comprising approximately 2,600 staff members. It does not include information on substitutes, coaches, volunteers, etc.
Starting June 20, 2022, data will be updated weekly on Mondays.
Note: dashboard displays at full width on a desktop or laptop. On a mobile device, scroll left/right to see more.