An Option for current HSD students grade 9-12
Hillsboro Big Picture is a small, Options program for high school students in the Hillsboro School District.
What makes us unique:
- Advisory - students create strong relationships with one teacher and a group of students for the year.
- Exhibitions - at the end of each semester, students showcase their learning to staff, students and family.
- Internships - students earn elective credit, learn job skills and explore careers by participating in an unpaid internship each year. Students typically spend 65 hours per semester in internships in the community.
- Projects - students are given time to explore a topic of their interest that is tied to curriculum standards.
- We are located in the old David Hill Building on the Oak Street Campus near downtown Hillsboro.
- We are part of the Oak Street Campus of alternative options in HSD.
- Students attend school full-time and earn a high school diploma.
- We offer transportation and school meals.
- Students can still participate in sports and activities of their home high school.
- Students at Hillsboro Big Picture spend their school day in core content classes, elective classes (although a smaller selection than the larger high schools), a project-based class and an internship class.
Big Picture learning is student-centered, where students actively own and invest in their education. Students will be part of a small learning community supported and led by an advisor. They will work closely with real-world mentors as well as their parents and families to develop their passions.
Oak Street Campus
Oak Street Campus
Hillsboro Big Picture, GED,
Diploma for 12+, TOPs, PEARL
440 SE Oak Street
MEC East Campus
Independent Transition Services (ITS)
215 SE 6th Avenue
Hillsboro , OR 97123