The Hillsboro School District, in collaboration with parents and community, will recognize and actively support gifted and high potential students so they may achieve academic and personal excellence in a rigorous and relevant learning environment.
Gifted students will:
- become analytical thinkers, creative producers, and practical problem solvers
- develop and demonstrate individual confidence and personal responsibility, and
- use their gifts to contribute to the betterment of their community.
Differentiation in curricula, instruction, and assessment will:
- stimulate and challenge gifted students to expand their intellectual horizons
- emphasize advanced, conceptually challenging, in-depth, distinctive, and complex content
- be specific to individual student’s assessed levels and accelerated rates of learning, and
- prepare students to become responsible, broad-minded, contributing members of a diverse society.