About Mike Scott
Born and raised in Oregon, Mike Scott has served in the Oregon public school system for more than 30 years. During that time, he has held the positions of classroom teacher, assistant principal, principal, and assistant superintendent. He is currently serving as the superintendent of the Hillsboro School District, and has been since 2009.
As a classroom teacher, Mike worked to actively engage each student in the learning process. As an administrator, he received the Oregon Middle School Principal of the Year award in 2003 for his work at Poynter Middle School. Mike is the past president of the Oregon Middle Level Association, and was previously awarded Oregon State University College of Education’s Trendsetter Award.
Mike enjoys spending time with his family. His daughter is a graduate of the University of Oregon and is currently living and working in Portland, and his son is a graduate of Linfield and is also living and working in Portland. Mike's wife is an administrator in the Tigard-Tualatin School District. Their favorite things to do as a family are participating in sports and other outdoor activities year-round.
Mike considers it a privilege to work in a district where people are so dedicated to the students. He continues to work side by side with the Hillsboro staff and community to close the achievement gap and to provide opportunities for all students regardless of their background, circumstances, ethnicity, or income level. Mike is committed to providing an environment for students that will allow them to learn, grow, and understand the world around them so they can make it a better place for all of us.
2020 Spring Coffee Chats
Superintendent Scott will host a series of Coffee Chats around the District in March and April.
- CANCELLED Tuesday, Mar. 17, 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the South Store Café, 24485 SW Scholls Ferry Rd., Hillsboro 97123; 503-628-1920.
- CANCELLED Friday, Mar. 20, 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the downtown Insomnia, 317 E. Main St., Hillsboro 97123; 971-245-6176.
- CANCELLED Friday, Apr. 3, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. at Longbottom Coffee and Tea, 4893 NW 235th Ave., Hillsboro 97124; 503-924-4470.
- CANCELLED Wednesday, Apr. 8, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at W.L. Henry Elementary School (Spanish), 1060 SE 24th Ave., HIllsboro 97123; 503-844-1690.
- CANCELLED Wednesday, Apr. 15, 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. at Dutch Bros. on TV Highway, 2991 SE 73rd Ave., Hillsboro 97123; 541-955-4700.
Spanish interpretation for the English-language chats is available upon request by calling Gaspar Lopez-Lopez (503-844-1500 x2750) at least 24 hours in advance. English interpretation for the Spanish-language chat will be provided.
These casual, no-host, drop-in events are designed to give parents and community members an opportunity to meet Superintendent Scott, learn more about the important activities going on in the District, and ask any questions they may have.
For more information, please contact Chief Communications Officer Beth Graser at 503-844-1772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.