Steps for Enrollment
Identify Your Student's Home School
As a new resident, the first thing you should do is confirm the home school for your student(s). You can find your home school by checking online at Find My School (enter "guest" for both user name and password). Click here for full instructions on using the tool for determining your student's home school.
When using Find My School, if the result is "Not Available", your address may not be recognized or it may not be in the Hillsboro School District. If you have questions regarding your address boundary, please call Transportation at 503.844.1123.
Enroll Your Student
NEW students to Hillsboro School District = Enroll using Online Registration.
- Students that previously attended a Hillsboro School District school, attended a preschool program in Hillsboro School District or received Early Childhood Special Education services cannot use Online Registration and must submit a paper enrollment packet. Glencoe Tidy Tots and Century Little Jag students can enroll using Online Registration.
- School Entrance Age Requirements
- Information on Kindergarten
RETURNING students to Hillsboro School District or those unable to complete Online Registration = Enroll using paper enrollment forms. Download, complete and submit documents listed below.
- Enrollment Form (English) / Enrollment Form (Spanish)
- Language Use Survey (English/Spanish) / Language Use Survey (English/Vietnamese)
- Certificate of Immunization Status Form
- Digital Resource Permission Form / Digital Resource Permission Form (Spanish)
- Vision and Dental Screening Form (Grades K-5 only) / Vision and Dental Screening Form (Grades K-5 only) (Spanish)
- Proof of address (i.e. mortgage statement, rental agreement, utility bill)
- Proof of legal name and age (i.e. birth certificate, current passport, etc.)*
*Documentation that may suffice includes records from a previous school; or a hospital record; or a baptismal record; or a signed affidavit from a parent, guardian, or other person in a parental relationship.
- Indian Education Eligibility Form (if applicable)
Two options available for submitting paper enrollment forms:
- Mail the completed paper forms to your student's home school. The mailing address for Hillboro School District schools may be found by clicking the "OUR SCHOOLS" link on the top of this page and selecting your home school. Once your school receives your enrollment form, they will contact you asking to provide further documents.
- A second option is to complete the enrollment forms and make an appointment with your home school to deliver the enrollment form and other required documents to the school. If you choose this option, call your home school and leave a message to arrange a time to safely deliver documents while honoring all appropriate social distancing rules.
We are pleased that you have chosen to become part of our thriving community. Serving more than 20,800 students in grades K-12, our District is focused on providing a strong academic foundation for every child to ensure their success through their school years and beyond. We have strong partnerships with local city and county agencies, chambers of commerce and large and small businesses. Collectively, these agencies and businesses offer an abundance of resources and information to make relocating to Hillsboro a smooth transition.