We are committed to encouraging and enhancing communication with parents, community members, staff, the general public, and the news media. We strive to maintain open, honest, respectful communication with everyone.
Beth Graser has been serving as the Communications Officer for the Hillsboro School District since July of 2009. Prior to that, she spent nearly thirteen years at Epson Portland Inc. as their Public Relations Representative. Beth grew up in Hillsboro and was one of the valedictorians of her graduating class at Glencoe before heading off to Duke University where she competed on the track team and graduated magna cum laude. Her foray into the education arena began in 1995 when she worked for the Massachusetts Department of Education in a group developing math and science curriculum frameworks, and resurfaced in 2007 when she was elected to a seat on the Hillsboro School Board. Beth served on the Board for two years before resigning her position to pursue her current opportunity. She is passionate about education and serving the Hillsboro community.
The Communications department is responsible for crafting and disseminating all district-level communications, including the following:
- District programs and initiatives
- Crisis/emergency/incident response
- School and/or student group events and activities
- Superintendent meetings and messages
- Board meetings and activities
Information is conveyed primarily via:
- District website
- School websites
- Social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- District mobile app
- FlashAlert notifications
- Articles/stories in local newspapers, as well as on television and radio stations
- Weekly Hot News e-newsletter
- Weekly podcast
- Bi-annual District newsletter A Look Inside Hillsboro Schools direct mailed to all homes in the District attendance area
- Automated phone calls
- Remind messages (parent guide)
- Mass Emails
- Letters to parents/guardians
The Communications department also manages the student transfer process and coordinates volunteer and donation opportunities.
The department is comprised of six paid staff members: Communications Officer Beth Graser, Multimedia Specialist Jahmai Cherry, Bond Marketing Specialist Jane Siguenza, Communications Liaison Katie Russell-Willis, District Webmaster Justin Arey, as well as part-time Volunteer Coordinator Maribel Sandoval (elementary).
Communications Family Engagement Liaison/Volunteer Coordinator
3083 NE 49th Place #201
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124-6009