The McKinney PTO operates in order to benefit the children, families, staff and school of McKinney Elementary. We work hard to provide added support to the McKinney community and we strive to promote open communication between the administration, teachers, and parents.
Everyone is welcome to join!
Please like us on our Mckinney PTO Facebook page to stay up to date with what the PTO is doing and how you can get involved!
We've been busy planning some fun activities for the school year and are excited to announce that we'll be hosting a couple of new events this year.
Thanks to all of you who came to the Family Dance on 2/22! The glow-in-the-dark theme was a big hit and the kids seemed to have a blast! Thanks to all who donated their time to provide music, lights, face and body paint, cake and punch! This dance was such a big hit we may do it again next year!
The upcoming events scheduled include:
- Our Read-a-Thon fundraiser has begun! It runs from 3/1-3/8. We have some fun prizes for reading and fundraising! Please see the Read-a-Thon page on this website for more details. Thanks for your support!
- Our next PTO meeting will be on Wednesday, March 6th at 6:00pm in the school library. We will be talking more about the Read-a-Thon, STEM night, and voting on yearbook cover contest winners! We could definitely use your help and ideas! Childcare is provided during the meetings.
- 4/2/19 from 4pm-8pm - if you buy food that night from Chipotle at 4530 NE Cornell Rd and tell them you're with McKinney, they'll give our school 33% of the proceeds!!
- STEM Night will be on 4/25/19 from 5:30-7:00pm. There will be lots of hands-on science and engineering projects and it's a lot of fun.
- Spring Clean-up Day on 4/27/19 from 9am-12pm is a good chance for us to come together to do some yardwork and clean-up around the school to keep it looking good!
We hope you'll be involved with McKinney in whatever ways you're able - whether this means attending our free family events, volunteering in your student's classroom, attending PTO meetings, or even just providing input and feedback via email!
Our email is email@example.com - please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, suggestions, or other feedback. Thanks!
Want to Volunteer?
If you are interested in helping us plan and/or run any PTO-related activities, please complete the volunteer form and return it to your student's classroom teacher. PTO Volunteer Form.
You can also click on the Sign Up Genius link below to see volunteer opportunities.