2019 Proud To Be HSD Festival
Join us at the 2019 Festival!
Saturday, May 11, 2018, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Downtown Hillsboro
in conjunction with the Downtown Hillsboro Farmers' Market
Here's what you can look forward to:
- Mascot Challenge! Our ever-popular mascot challenge pits our school mascots and guest mascots against one another in hilarious friendly competitions to see who will reign victorious.
- STE(A)M Pavilion. Science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics activities will be showcased—from our after-school STEM programming and work taking place in our STEM Focus Schools, to our partnerships with the Right Brain Initiative.
- Career and College Pathways Area. Students and teachers will talk about their programs and showcase student projects in each of the six college and career pathways. Learn what it takes to successfully move through your chosen path. Our Teen Marketplace entrepreneurs will also have booths for their businesses.
- Cornhole tournament! Grab a partner and sign up to participate in our first annual PTBHSD Festival Cornhole Tournament! More details TBA.
- Art Walk – variety of downtown businesses. Student art will be displayed in several locations for our festival visitors’ viewing pleasure as they stroll the downtown area. Participate in the scavenger hunt for prizes donated by local businesses.
- Student Performances. We’ve lined up singers, dancers, instrumentalists, and poets to show off their talents in two performance areas.
- School Pride Banners – throughout the festival area. Each school has created their own banners representing what makes them proud - we truly have talented artists in the District!
- Community Partner Booths – throughout the festival area. Find out about the services our partners provide.
Shuttle Bus Schedule/Information
Remaining Volunteer Needs
Time Task 7 – 8AM Set up Art Walk 9 – 11AM Introduce performers/student 9 – 11AM Introduce performers/student 10:45AM – 12:45 PM Introduce performers/student 10:45AM – 12:45 PM Introduce performers/student 1:30 – 2:30 PM Take down art after festival 1:30 – 2:30 PM Take down art after festival 1:30 – 2:30 PM Take down art after festival 1:30 – 2:30 PM Take down art after festival
You can also visit the Volunteer Booth near the Civic Center on the day of the festival. Thank you!
See the video from 2017...