2018 Proud To Be HSD Festival
Join us at the 2018 Festival!
Saturday, May 12, 2018, 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Downtown Hillsboro
in conjunction with the Downtown Hillsboro Farmers' Market
Welcome, special guest mascots:
- Barley, from the Hillsboro Hops
- Timber Joey from the Portland Timbers/Thorns
- Tom-a-Hawk, from the Portland Winterhawks
- Blaze, from the Portland Trailblazers
- Victor E. Viking, from Portland State University
- Benny the Beaver, from Oregon State University
- McGruff the Crime Dog!
Here's what else you can look forward to:
- STE(A)M Pavilion. Science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics activities will be showcased—from our after-school STEM programming and work taking place in our STEM Focus Schools, to our partnerships with the Right Brain Initiative.
- College and Career Pathways Area. Students and teachers will talk about their programs and showcase student projects in each of the six college and career pathways. Learn what it takes to successfully move through your chosen path. Our Teen Marketplace entrepreneurs will also have booths for their businesses.
- Athletics/Activities Area. There will be fun athletic events and activities throughout the day, including the popular mascot showdown at 12:45 p.m.! Watch our school mascots challenge our special guest mascots. And, we'll also have a special guest appearance from McGruff the Crime Dog, from the Washington County Sheriff's office.
- Art Walk – variety of downtown businesses. Student art will be displayed in several locations for our festival visitors’ viewing pleasure as they stroll the downtown area. Participate in the scavenger hunt for prizes donated by local businesses!
- Chess Challenge. Are you better than an elementary student? Members of Brookwood Elementary's chess team will challenge all comers to test their skills against theirs. Novices to experts are welcome to join the fun.
- Student Performances. We’ve lined up singers, dancers, instrumentalists, and poets to show off their talents in two performance areas.
- School Pride Banners – throughout the festival area. Each school has created their own banners representing what makes them proud - we truly have talented artists in the District!
- Community Partner Booths – throughout the festival area. Find out about the services our partners provide.
2018 Festival Program 2018 Programa de Eventos
See the video from last year...