Senior Projects are a graduation requirement. Students will be presenting their senior projects on the evening of Tuesday 5/28 from 6-8pm at GHS. Students who receive honors cords at graduation complete extra requirements as determined by district policy and their teachers.
Requirements for Senior Projects are determined by student's Career and College Pathways teachers. These can be found in this folder (link to senior project requirements). If you have questions about your student's progress on their senior project or about honor cords, please reach out to your student's CCP teacher.
Please remember that there are a lot of requirements that students must meet to graduate. Graduation requirements include:
- Complete 24 required credits
- Completion of Oregon Essential Skills in Math, Reading, and Writing
- Completion of career related learning experience and Senior Project in CCP or Senior Seminar
○ Complete and submit a resume
○ Write a 5 page reflection on career choice
○ Complete Naviance Surveys and Education Pan and Profile
○ Complete at least 15 hours of internship
○ Present senior project on 5/28
If you are unsure about your senior's progress in meeting these goals, please reach out to their counselor (Michelle Buyas email@example.com or Jason Dortch firstname.lastname@example.org) or their administrator (Joe Painter email@example.com)
There is always a lot going on for seniors! Here are information and links to help you navigate this exciting year. Be sure to come back to this page regularly and read the Daily Announcements for the latest news. Here is a brief view of the upcoming dates:
May 24th On-line courses due - All on-line and correspondence courses must be completed.
May 28th - Senior Project Night 6pm - 8pm Students will be presenting their completed senior projects to parents, staff and the community.
May 31st - Senior Acceditation Day Seniors should submit a checklist with all of the following complete. When checklist is submitted students will recieve 10 graduation tickets and be able to request more.
- All classes must be passing grade
- All fines and fees must be paid
- All textbooks/books must be returned
- All Essential Skills complete
- All Career Credit tasks (senior survey) are done
- Senior Project complete and presented
June 3rd-June 7th Students can pick up Grad tickets from tehe VP office when checklist is turned in
June 5th - Baccalaureate 7pm
June 6th - Honors Night 7pm Students and their families who will be recieving honors will be invited
June 7th - Graduation Practice
- 8:15-8:45 Seniors will check-in and get a special breakfast provided by our parent club.
- 8:30 Students need to be checked-in and in the Gymnasium for Graduation Rehearsal (THIS IS MANDATORY)
- 8:50-10:20 Graduation Rehearsal
- 10:20-10:40 Senior Slide Show
- 10:45-11:25 Senior Assembly
- 11:30-1:00 Seniors will visit their elementary and middle schools
June 8th - Graduation 7:30 pm at Hillsboro Stadium
- 5:30-6:00 Students should arrive. Students should not bring anything with them (no keys, no cell phone, no wallet, no purse/bags, ...) as these will be collected and held from students during the ceremony.
- 6:00 Gates open and guests begin to be admitted. Guests should not bring balloons, flowers, air horns, noise makers, signs/banners, or pets. These things will be collected at the gate if brought.
- 10:00-10:30 Arrive at GHS for Senior All-Night Grad Party. Busses leave from Glencoe High School promptly at 10:30