- Hillsboro School District
Anti-Bullying Month Focus: Getting to Know Your State and Local Resources
October 22, 2018 - Creating safe and welcoming school environments is a top priority in the Hillsboro School District. Many factors are critical to ensuring the safety and well-being of students during school hours and at school-sponsored activities.
Sometimes, having a confidential way to report a concern is the most helpful thing we can offer. There are currently two ways to do that:
- Use the Hillsboro School District mobile app. The HSD mobile app has a tip line function that allows people to anonymously* report a bullying, safety, or other concern they may have. Tips are routed to District administrators for follow-up. (*Please note that tips sent anonymously cannot receive a response. If you’d like to receive a response, you need to provide an e-mail address or phone number.)
- Use the SafeOregon statewide tip line. SafeOregon is a program created for Oregon students, parents, school staff, community members, and law enforcement officers to report and respond to student safety threats. Tips can be submitted via e-mail (email@example.com), phone call or text (844-472-3367), mobile app (available on iTunes or Google Play), or web portal. All tips go immediately to a tip line technician 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Tips are analyzed and forwarded to designated personnel who can provide further assistance in resolving reported incidents.
The District is also fortunate to have established strong partnerships with local social service agencies and law enforcement officials through the City and County. There are many proactive programs supported by these partnerships that are designed to protect students through educating, engaging, and supporting them in making positive choices in their lives.
Some of our key partners include:
- Hillsboro Police Department
- Hillsboro Fire Department
- Washington County Sheriff’s Department
- Washington County Health and Human Services
- Community Action Organization
- Adelante Mujeres
For a list and contact information for additional organizations, please see our Bullying Prevention Resources, Keeping Students Safe webpage, Community Resources Guide, or Erin’s Law Assistance and Information.