We depend more on the technologies we interact with every day; and we put more and more of our personal data out there online. Can all of that data really be kept “secret”? Learn about the various parts of your computer, how they work together, and how you can manipulate them to keep your data safe. Dive into the tools, technologies, and methods that will help protect you from an attack and discover the many opportunities in the rapidly growing field of cybersecurity.
- Slide-show presentation program
- Word processing program
Software: Virtual Box: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/downloads
In order to run VirtualBox on your machine, you need:
- CPU: Recent Intel or AMD processor
- Memory: 2+GB RAM
- Hard disk: About 4GB free hard disk space
- Supported Operating System: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris and OpenSolaris.
- USB memory stick (Recommended to be at least 4 GB)
Optional: (The following materials will only be needed if student chooses to do some activities/labs by hand.)
- Blank paper (a variety of sizes)
- Markers, crayons, pens, pencils