Mon 3/1/2021 3:00 PM - Msg to All Staff, All Waves
Mon 3/1/2021 3:00 PM
Our health system partners have shared that the final planned allotment of educator vaccine appointments was just released (3,500 for the tri-county area at 3 p.m. on Monday, March 1). Please see below for detailed instructions on how to schedule an appointment.
As a reminder, the State of Oregon has prioritized educators for vaccine distribution. You play an important role in helping us complete the educator phase. Please remember:
· Instructions for accessing these appointments are for educators only. DO NOT share instructions with others so all of our colleagues and co-workers have the chance to make their appointments.
· This is the final planned release of vaccine appointments for educators. If you are in Waves 1-4 and want an appointment, please make your appointment at this time.
o Wave 1: Employees providing limited-in-person instruction; Elementary school teachers for Pre-K to 1st grade and support staff, specialists, administration at elementary schools; Bus drivers, custodians, and nutrition service employees; Emergency Child Care facility operating in person, and approved by the state (home or center)
o Wave 2: Teachers and support staff 2nd grade – 5th grade
o Wave 3: Teachers, support staff, specialists and administration of 6th grade – 8th grade
o Wave 4: Teachers, support staff, specialists and administration of 9th grade – 12th grade; active substitutes of all grade levels, athletic coaches, and other student-facing district staff.
If you do not want an appointment at this time, you will remain eligible but will need to follow the scheduling process available to the general public.
If you need help following the instructions below or are unable to secure an appointment, call HSD’s Vaccine Hotline at 503-583-4675.
Chief Communications Officer
Hillsboro School District
Instructions for Wave 1 through 4
NOTE: An appointment is required; do not show up at the Oregon Convention Center if you do not have an appointment scheduled.
To secure an appointment for your first dose of COVID-19 vaccine:
Click this link: https://covidvaccine.oregon.gov/
1. Scroll down to “Vaccine Information Tool.”
2. Click Let’s get started box.
3. A chat box will pop-up to the right labeled Vaccine Information Tool.
4. Click Vaccine eligibility in the Vaccine Information Tool.
5. The tool will take you through a series of eligibility questions – answer for your individual circumstance.
6. If you are eligible and clinically cleared, you will see a link to Schedule now to make your appointment.
7. Click Schedule now to make your appointment.
8. You will be taken to the scheduling website.
9. Choose a time by searching and clicking on the preferred time.
10. Click Schedule It.
11. Enter in all the required fields (fields that have a red asterisk). Click Next.
12. Find your insurance or choose “other” from the drop down list. Fill in the required information. Click Next.
13. Complete the verify screen. Click Schedule it!
14. At the confirmation screen, you may print out the appointment.
15. Check for a confirmation email.
16. Sign up for MyHealth from the link in the email confirmation. Your MyHealth account will allow you to:
1. Schedule your second dose appointment at your convenience.
2. Cancel or reschedule your appointment, if needed.
Preparing for your vaccine
In preparation for your vaccine appointment, please review the following instructions and important information:
1. Bring employment identification, proof of insurance and identification (i.e. driver’s license, piece of U.S. mail).
2. We are experiencing a high demand and wait times will vary.
3. Allow time to stay for a 15-minute post-vaccine observation period in the vaccination area. If you have a history of severe allergies to anything, you will need to be monitored for 30 minutes at the vaccination site. If you don’t have time to wait, you will not be vaccinated.
4. Wear a loose top so your sleeves can be easily rolled up to your shoulder and bring a mask or face covering.
5. Location parking is available at no cost in parking lots P1 (entrance on NE Lloyd Blvd.) and P2 (entrance on NE 1st Ave.). The Oregon Convention Center garage does not accommodate RVs, campers, trucks with trailers and similar oversized vehicles.
6. You will not be able to choose the manufacturer of the vaccine. Depending on which vaccine you are given, the vaccine requires two doses, either 21 or 28 days apart. You will be provided instruction at the time of your vaccine about how to schedule the next dose.
Please do not attend your appointment if you have:
· been told to stay at home due to COVID-19 infection or exposure.
· fever over 100 degrees, without taking fever-reducing medicine, for 24 hours before the event.
· received any other vaccine in the last 2 weeks.
· received monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma as part of COVID-19 treatment in the last 90 days.