Teaching and Learning
The Teaching and Learning department oversees curriculum, instruction, and assessment for the Hillsboro School District. The department also coordinates professional learning for all staff.
- We believe all Hillsboro students will graduate ready for college, career and life.
- We believe the Hillsboro School District represents a community of stakeholders—students, families, educators, and community partners—who share ownership, responsibility, and commitment to the success of our young people.
- We believe each student is an asset to our community.
- We believe each student should have an engaging and relevant educational experience, tailored to meet his or her unique set of strengths.
- We believe the Hillsboro school experience should result in equitable access to college and career opportunities for each student.
- We believe in educating the whole child, including a variety of character traits and habits that impact academic achievement, global citizenship, and overall quality of life.
HSD PLCs at Work - Read More...
for School Performance
Assistant Superintendent for Academic Services
3083 NE 49th Place #200
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124-6009
Career and College Readiness
- The Career and College Pathways Project
- What is Standards-Based Education?
- The Standards
- Assessment Frameworks
- Planning and Teaching with Standards: Pacing Guides and Planned Course Statements
- Instruction: Literacy Frameworks, Differentiation, and Technology
- Bilingual Education
- What is a PLC?
- PLC Practices
- Common Formative Assessments
- Interim and End-of-Course Assessments
- DCA Data Warehouse
- Elementary Leadership PLC Structure 2014-2015
- Secondary Leadership PLC Structure 2014-2015