In July of 2017, The Hillsboro School District launched a new web platform, Blackboard Web Community Manager. Used by over 1,700 school districts nationwide, Blackboard is committed to ensuring that their platform is usable and accessible to users of all abilities.
Blackboard Web Community Manager is designed and developed in accordance with the internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA as well as the Section 508 standards in the United States. Blackboard has a third party conduct regular audits of the user interface, code and design techniques to ensure that accessibility quality expectations are being met and maintained.
The Web Community Manager platform approaches accessibility in the following ways:
- Template-based pages and apps provide consistent interactions and user experience across pages
- Allows clients to configure their templates while still remaining within the color contrast ratio
- Provides full support for keyboard navigation
- Text can be resized 200 percent without loss of content or functionality
- Contains page titles with the name of the workspace within which the user is working
More about Web Community Manager support for the Section 508 Guidelines (VPAT)
More about Web Community Manager support for WCAG 2.0 Level AA
Blackboard has recently released a website compliance monitoring product called Ally (http://ally.ac ). Ally is designed to produce compliance statistics and recommendations and is currently under review by the Hillsboro School District.
We have adopted a Voluntary Action Plan for Accessible Websites as recommended by the U.S. Dept. of Justice on 10/4/2018.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.